Friday, October 9, 2009

How to Entertain a Toddler at Work

I was at my wits end at work today. I was about ready to throw up my hands and quit. Then Janey got into my drawer and got out a full box of paper clips and dumped them out. I sighed and almost started cleaning up, but figured she already made the mess, I might as well let her play with them. I didn't hear a peep for the next 45 minutes. Who knew paper clips could be so much fun. After that I let her take anything she wanted out of the drawer. She proceeded to empty a post it dispenser and all the pens, clips and junk out of the drawer for another half hour of peace. I will gladly clean up that mess for an hour of quiet, actual work.



Here are some other things we did this week.
Enjoyed some delicious waffles and wonderful messages during Sunday's General Conference. And of course played with the puppies. She is not actually chewing on the chew toy.Got rescued by Curtis and Stephanie.
Went to Bates Nut Farm and went on a hay ride.Got sequestered in a pumpkin playpen (Curtis escaped).Got tired and hijacked Curtis's stroller.Went to Sea World with family and friends.

1 comment:

Joe Alves said...

But then you have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesnt swallow a paper clip!