Saturday, February 20, 2010

Who Knew Valentine's Day Was a Real Holiday

Let alone a week long event that needs its own blog entry. Luckily Janey has so many clothes that she had a week's worth of clothes with hearts on them ... and she loves sugar.
This was our ward playgroup party. She got more candy than Halloween. After the passing out of candy (and cards) we went to the park where she loved most of all playing in the mud, watching this little girl play with snails.
We spent lots of time with Curtis the last couple weeks because his mom was expecting her second child, which she had Thursday: little Taylor. I love little kids hugging as much as I love them holding hands.
Trying on Momma's shoes, which isn't very Valentiny, but she is in the outfit dubbed her Valentine outfit given to her by a lady that I work by and we went to work that day where we saw that lady.
At the Primary Valentine party, playing with a "baby." We made Valentine posters for all the inactive kids and delivered them with some cookies. It was pure chaos, but I don't think getting the whole primary together in that kind of setting could be anything but chaos.
This is Janey with her special baby Valentine flower from daddy. She LOVED it. It has proven to be a very resilient little plant. For the record, he got me beautiful, pink, bigger Valentine flowers. We got him chocolate. Everyone was happy.
Today I was sitting on the couch having a pretty crummy day, when Janey came over, lifted up my shirt and planted her face right on my belly. She was mimicking when we blow on her belly. I laughed super hard so she just kept doing it. My day definitely got better after that.

No comments: