Sunday, June 6, 2010

Long Lost Family

I know I say I'm always so busy, so I never have time to post, but I am so busy and I never have time to post.
There has been so much going on since I last posted that all the pictures wouldn't fit in one post. So, I'm breaking it up into two: the first was what we did while Joe's dad and stepsister were here and the other is just all the other stuff.
These pictures are of the tour Joseph gave us and his dad of his campus. The above picture is where Joe found a cockroach and decided to show it to Janey. She got super excited about watching it scurry around and was really upset when the "buggy" ran away into the bushes. Joe then decided to find other "buggies" so she wouldn't be upset anymore. Who knew one could get so attached to a bug they had just met.We then found some empty court rooms. The 3 justices.
The juror.
And the witness. Not really, it just looked right. This is Janey bearing her testimony in an empty primary room rather than sitting in Sacrament Meeting.
We spent a lot of time at Joe's sister Heather's house. She has amazing fruit trees on her street and we did quite a bit of picking and eating. This is Joe and Janey picking mulberries ... so yummy.
Heather's daughter Sierra decided to get herself pretty stuck in a baby swing. It took them maybe 10 minutes to get her out. It was pretty funny, but I think the funniest part was when Joe's dad was lamenting not getting it on video, Sierra decided to get herself re-stuck so it could be captured. Unfortunately, I had already left and I don't think anyone was there to capture it.
Here is Janey petting a non-deer at the Wild Animal Park when we went with Michelle and Olivea. The girl whose nose you can see in the picture was getting pretty annoyed that everyone kept calling this creature a deer because baby deer have spots and this animal clearly doesn't. I looked on the board and saw that is was, in fact, not a deer, but I don't remember what it was, and the girl didn't know either, only what it wasn't.
Now these are deer.
And these are three monkeys and a giraffe.

I think there needs to be a rule that all our family lives in San Diego forever.
Joe's gracious grandparents had the whole family (and then some) to their house for a delicious bbq. Janey spent a good amount of time making faces at herself in the mirror then laughing at herself. I was thoroughly entertained as well. And that is Joe's handsome brother in the back. I have realized that I don't take very many pictures of anyone other than Janey. Oh well, most people aren't as cute.

And that is all I have. We had fun while it lasted, please think about that rule I mentioned.

No comments: